With a family-friendly camp-out on the grounds of BaseCamp 31 (1250 Rt. 31, Lebanon, NJ 08833) on Saturday night....a "warning siren" will go off at sun-rise, signaling 60 minutes till the 10k start.
5K Road Race – Racers go off at 9a and will run from BaseCamp31 to the end of Molasses Hill Road and back. Remember, what goes down must come up on this challenging 5K road course.
10K Road/Trail Hybrid – Racers will travel down Molasses Hill rd. and then enter the Round Valley Recreation Area (State Park) for an additional 5K on the Cushetunk trail. Trail sections include gravel sections and single track and climbing….lots of climbing...before returning to the BaseCamp 31 property for a trail sprint finish, just as the 5k'ers are preparing to take off, allowing for a spectacular finish line experience!
10k Unlimited - The most mentally challenging race in New Jersey.
Some races cover impossible physical terrain, some have a set amount of time to run as far as you can, and some have a specific long distance to run. This race...well it has none of that and all of that at the same time.
The 10k unlimited race will be run on the same course as the 10k...here's the catch, when you get to the finish line, you won't know if you are done or if you have to go back out for another lap.
This race is not for the faint of heart, but is sure to be a challenge like no other...not only physically, but mentally as well. Come and be a part of the inaugural year.
- In it's inaugural year of 2017, the race director will randomly draw a number between 2 and 5, indicating how many laps of the 10k course runners will be required to complete to finish the race.
- Runners will not know what that number is until they are told they have finished
- Technically the race isn't "unlimited"...this year...but runners should be fit enough to complete at least a marathon distance.
- Is your race strategy to go out fast and hope the draw was only 2 laps? Or do you go more conservative and gear up for a longer day? Who will be the first year champion?
- Can you handle the mental challenge of potentially being done, but unknowingly having to go back out for another loop? Can you push yourself to do that extra loop?